| Viewing this topic:
1 guest(s) viewing this topic
Live Kenyan TV •
Live Kenyan Radio
|Gov Mutua Bans Boda Boda Operations by Kenyans247(m): Mon 23, March, 2020 12:20pm|
Machakos Governor Alfred Mutua, on Monday, March 23, announced a total ban of all boda boda operations within the county, in a bid to combat the spread of the deadly Coronavirus.
"Starting Wednesday 25, 5 a.m. we have ordered a total ban of boda boda and tuk tuk operations. This is because social distancing is not possible when it comes to this mode of transport,
"The boda boda operator and the passenger are practically embraced and this poses a serious risk of spreading the virus to countless others," he stated.To compensate the operators for the loss in revenue, the governor announced that he had waived all taxes touching on these operators until the end of December 2020.
The governor revealed that the new directives came after a virtual meeting held with members of the Machakos County Security team, the Coronavirus Cabinet Sub-committee, and other stakeholders.
"Social distancing is critical if we are to avoid Wananchi getting infected. There is no way a boda boda rider is safe from being infected by a sick passenger and thereafter infecting hundreds," governor Mutua reiterated.
To further minimise the spread of the deadly virus, the county head announced that it was illegal to have a gathering of more than 3 people within his county, further announcing that miraa and muguka chewing dens as pool gaming areas had been banned.
"Our older generation is at a bigger threat from COVID-19. I ask all Machakos residents above 65 years to restrict movement, stay home and avoid mixing with young people and children - especially those who had just migrated from the cities and towns," he announced.
In order to ensure that the new measures were adhered to, the governor made it clear that any individuals caught flouting the rules would be dealt with as an enemy of the people, warranting the harshest possible punishment.
"Any people defying these directives that are being made for the social good of all will be viewed as enemies of the people and a danger to society. Matters of health are critical and we have no time for back and forth," the governor reiterated.The county head was quick to point out that the new directives would be reviewed from time to time and could be eased, depending on the current national and county situation.
The full list of the new measures effected in Machakos to combat Covid-19 are:
1. No Boda Bodas, Maruti or Tuktuks will be allowed to operate in Machakos County for the next two weeks.
2. Government is waiving all tax charges to Boda Bodas, Maruti and Tuk Tuks for the rest of the calendar year ( until December 31st, 2020).
3. Miraa dens, Muguka dens, and pool playing areas have been banned.
4. No groupings of more than three people allowed anywhere in Machakos county.
5. Machakos Govt staff to work in shifts. This is applicable to non-essential services. Chief officers to develop work shift schedules by end of today - March 23.
6. No office meetings. All staff and departmental meetings to be conducted virtually, using the internet & social media.
7. All markets in Machakos to be sanitized and fumigated and traders encouraged to operate safely.
8. Market days have been banned to reduce movement from one town to another.
9. Wananchi urged to be home and indoors by 7 p.m every day.
10. All Machakos residents above 65 years to restrict movement, stay home & avoid mixing with young people & children.
Sections: Kenyans247 ads, Diaspora, Politics, World List Directory, Naija Forums, Universities, Education, Art, Graphics & Video, Computers, Programing, Celebrities, Fashion, Literature, Sports, Events, Ugandan Forum, Rwanda Forum, Somalia Forum, Tanzania Forum, South Sudan Forum,Kenyans247 - Copyright © 2019 - 2020 Sande Kennedy. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise.
Disclaimer: Every Kenyans247 member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Kenyans247.