Popular & Trending •
Live Kenyan TV •
Live Kenyan Radio
Follow Us Like Us
Covid-19: We are not out of danger, ministry says
81 people viewed
|Covid-19: We are not out of danger, ministry says by Saocv(1): Thu 16, April, 2020 11:25pm|
CS warns of early celebrations as cases rise to 225
By KYEB Reporter
Health CS Mutahi Kagwe has warned Kenyans against dropping their guard in the fight against the Coronavirus.
In his daily briefing, the CS also confirmed nine more cases of the virus, bringing the national tally to 225. All the new cases are Kenyans with no history of travel and none of them is from the quarantine facilities, he said.
On a positive note, 12 more people were discharged from health facilities after making full recovery, bringing the total number of recoveries to 53. However, one more person has succumbed to the virus bringing total number of fatalities to 10.
While noting that Kenya is not out of danger, the CS said the country's death rate of four per cent is within the global range of 6.3 per cent.
"A comparative of the counties being overrun by the virus shows they were reporting similar figures as we are now," he said.
He reiterated the need for the public to remain cautious and follow all government directives for containing the spread of the virus, adding that the battle will be won not by the government but by Kenyans working together.
Among the key steps the government has taken are a nationwide dusk-to-dawn curfew and the prohibition of movement into and out of Nairobi, Mombasa, Kilifi and Kwale counties, where majority of the cases were earlier reported.
It is also mandatory for everybody to wear a mask while in public or risk a Sh20,000 fine, six months in prison or both.
At the same time, the CS said that a high-level team led by acting Director-General in the Health ministry Dr Patrick Amoth, had been sent to Siaya to assess the status of quarantine and isolation facilities in the county.
He added that personal protective equipment and other supplies had been sent to the county.
Kagwe further said the country could double the daily testing from the figure sampled on Wednesday of 803, following acquisition of more kits and reagents.
“Kenya has received 18,900 swabs and viral transport medium, 18,912 extraction kits, 3,790 disposable protective clothing for medical workers, thermometer guns, medical gloves and ventilation machines from Chinese businessman Jack Ma of the Alibaba Group,” he said.
The country also received consignments of gloves, face shields, gowns and surgical masks from China, France and Germany through the World Health Organisation.
He said these would be distributed before the end of the week amid the training of personnel to carry out tests.
As of April 15, the total global fatalities from the virus stood at 127,594 and that of recoveries at 491,824, while the number of active cases stood at 1,394,591 with 96 per cent of the conditions being mild and the rest critical.
0 Shares 0 Like •
|Sande Kennedy sandekennedy.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Kenyan Politician interested in Programming, Entrepreneurship, Investing, Economics & Public Policy.|
For you to post content on this website you have to log in or register, it only take few minute to create account
Recommended for youPurchase Covid-19 Protective Products With Reasonable Prices Creative Youth Developing Covid-19 Contact Tracing App [video] Covid-19: Almost 50m People In Africa Could Face Extreme Poverty, Afdb Says Guatemala Suspends All Deportation Flights From Us Over Covid-19
Sections: Food, Counties, Travel, Naija Forums, Diaspora, Webmasters, Education, Technology Market, Building/Architecture, Art, Graphics & Video, Emojipedia, Poetry, Music/Radio, Events, Social Media/K247 Chit-Chat, Tanzania Forum, Burundi Forum, South Sudan Forum, Somalia Forum, Ugandan Forum,
Kenyans247 - Copyright © 2019 - 2020 Sande Kennedy. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise.
Disclaimer: Every Kenyans247 member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Kenyans247.