Popular & Trending •
Live Kenyan TV •
Live Kenyan Radio
Follow Us Like Us
How To Apply HELB Loan For The First Time
69 people viewed
|How To Apply HELB Loan For The First Time by Kenyans247(1): Sat Aug 2019 12:34am|
This is a guide on how to apply HELB loan for the first time in Kenya. HELB( Higher Education Loans Board) is a state-owned corporation which was established in 1995 to provide affordable loans, bursaries, and scholarships to students pursuing higher education in recognized Kenyan institutions.
These loans can either be for Direct Entry Students (DES) or salaried students.
Direct Entry Students (DES) Loans
These loans are for students joining public or private universities within the East African Community directly from high school either through the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) or as self-sponsored. Amounts awarded range between 35,000 minimum and 60,000 maximum based on the level of need. The loan attracts an interest of 4% p.a and the students are required to repay their loans on completion of their studies.
Salaried Students Loans
These loans target Postgraduate (Masters & PhD) and Undergraduate salaried students who are able to repay their loans while studying. The loans are evaluated and awarded on the ability of a student to pay while studying at an interest rate of 12% p.a and repayable in 48months.
Awards (per year)
PhD- Kshs: 60,000 – 200,000
Masters -Kshs: 60,000 – 200,000
CE -Kshs: 60,000 – 100,000
Undergraduate Loan Repayment starts within one year of completion of studies and on this post, we have done a simple guide on how you can repay your loan using Mpesa. Failure to repay your loan, you will a attract a monthly penalty of Ksh 5,000. You can pay a minimum of Ksh 1500 per month to avoid the 5000 monthly penalty.
First Time HELB Application Requirements
One coloured passport size photo
University Admission Letter
National ID card
KRA Pin Certificate
Parents Particulars (payslips if employed, bank statements if farming/business, letter of retirement/retrenchment,
Copy of Parents National ID cards
Copy of Guarantors National ID cards
Copy of Guardians National ID cards
Parents Death Certificate (if orphan. Copies certified by the district registrar of births and deaths)
Or copies of Burial Permits certified by the district registrar of births and deaths
KCSE Result Slip
Letter from District Medical Officer confirming physical challenge if any.
List Of Paybill Numbers For Repaying All Mobile Loans In Kenya
List Of Signatures For First Time HELB Applicants
1.Applicant’s own declaration signature
2.Applicant’s signature on the Loan Agreement Form
3. Advocate’s or Magistrate’s signature and stamp
5. Parents/guardians signatures
6.Priest/Pastor/Kadhi’s signature and stamp
7. Commissioner for Oaths or Magistrate’s signature and stamp for both guarantors
8.Local Chief or Assistant Chief’s signature
How To Apply HELB Loan For The First Time
1. Visit HELB website using this link
2. Create a new HELB account. Here you will enter your details i.e Names, ID Number, Email Address, and a Password.
3. An activation link will be sent to the email address you registered with.
4. You will log in to the HELB Portal using the activation link sent to your email.
5. Choose the type of loan you want to apply i.e First Time Undergraduate.
6. Fill in all the required details carefully then click save. Please don’t skip any step.
7. After filling in the form correctly, go to the homepage and print the form. (PRINT two forms)
8. After printing the form, now make sure all the required places have been signed by the relevant people.
9. Now add your signature to the forms and attach all requested documents.
10. After verifying that all documents and signatures are available, take a copy of the loan application to HELB offices; Anniversary Towers OR any of the Huduma Centres nearest to you.
HELB Loan Processing Time
It takes an average of 1 month for your HELB loan to be processed. However, it may take some time if some of your documents are missing or mismatch of information provided in the application form.
Student Service Centre
Mezzanine One (M1)
How To Repay HELB Loan Using Mpesa 2018
0 Shares 0 Like •
For you to post content on this website you have to log in or register, it only take few minute to create account
Recommended for youStawika Loan: How To Apply And Repay Mobile Loans In Kenya How To Apply For A Real Estate Broker Certificate In Kenya How To Register And Apply For Government Tenders In Kenya How To Replace Lost Work Permit In Kenya
Sections: International Forum, Travel, Huduma Centre, How To, World List Directory, Webmasters, Phones, Education, Programing, Technology Market, Sports, Events, Gaming, Lifestyle, Social Media/K247 Chit-Chat, Rwanda Forum, Burundi Forum, Somalia Forum, Ugandan Forum, South Sudan Forum,
Kenyans247 - Copyright © 2019 - 2020 Sande Kennedy. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise.
Disclaimer: Every Kenyans247 member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Kenyans247.