Popular & Trending •
Live Kenyan TV •
Live Kenyan Radio
Follow Us Like Us
Men’s Health: 10 Weight Loss Tips for Men
124 people viewed
|Men’s Health: 10 Weight Loss Tips for Men by Kenyans247(1): Wed Nov 2019 02:14pm|
1. A good diet is one that is based upon whole food, nutrient rich foods. You can tailor this list to suit your preferences, but a good diet should begin with -meat/fish/poultry/eggs -Dairy products (IF you digest them well. I don’t recommend dairy, as most people do not digest it, it has medley of negative health effects and modern dairy is of low quality. Experiment for yourself and see) -Vegetables and tubers -Fruit -whole grains -Legumes (IF you digest them well) -Nuts -Healthy fat sources, olive oil, walnut oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil, avocado oil
2. You must consume enough protein-Protein is the most critical nutrient for a healthy metabolism, and it is what the body is made of. Aim for one gram of protein per pound of bodyweight. If your diet is insufficient in protein, sustainability will be impossible
3. Use your biofeedback-Do not eat and multitask. Eat slowly, learn the difference between being full and being stuffed. Pay attention to how food digests and your energy levels afterwards. Do not eat foods that do not digest well, or that crash your energy. Do not eat foods that make you feel sluggish and bloated. Do eat foods that make you feel energetic.
4. Understand that weight loss has a hormonal component-And the hormonal component is the most important for being lean long term. Your insulin, your leptin levels, your testosterone, your estrogen, your cortisol, ALL of these hormones influence how your body partitions nutrients, burns and stores fat, and functions on a day to day basis. Fat loss takes time because you are adjusting your body’s entire hormonal cascade. This is not an immediate process (nothing in biology is)
5. Lower your sugar intake-Overconsuming sugar is a common issue, and it causes a hoard of metabolic problems, leading to overeating, screwed up hunger hormones, decreased testosterone, increased inflammation, and contributes to obesity, diabetes 2, and metabolic syndrome. Cutting out all added sugar by itself can dramatically change your eating and lead to fat loss
6. Eat Protein at Every Meal-Seriously. Protein is highly satiating, highly nutritious, and it prevents overeating and quick energy grabs that constantly sabotage people
7. Use apps to help you be accountable and record-Fitgenie, Myfitnesspal, Sparkpeople, FatSecret, and many other apps exist that allow you to measure food intake. You have the technology, and don’t makes excuses for not taking advantage of it.
8. If you count calories, then you need to establish your caloric baseline-This means determining your metabolic rate, and figuring out how many calories you need to eat on a daily basis to MAINTAIN bodyweight. Once you have determined that baseline, then you can begin eating in a calorie deficit.
9. If you are going to count calories, then about a 500 calorie deficit is a useful place to start. That said, understand that it is impossible to know exactly how many calories you are eating, and measurements are always approximate
10. You cannot be in a deficit FOREVER-you will need to take periodic breaks from dieting, where you eat isocalorically and give your metabolism a break from energy deprivation. This may be one day a week, this might be a few days every few weeks. There is no exact science to this, as it heavily depends on how overly fat you are when you begin, but a general rule to follow is to diet/maintain at a 2:1 ratio. If you diet hard for 6 months, take at least 3 months off from dieting to maintain.
Tags: Health, Weight Loss
0 Shares 0 Like •
For you to post content on this website you have to log in or register, it only take few minute to create account
Recommended for you5 Healthy Lifestyle Tips For Adults That You Need To Know Diamond Platnumz Speaks About His Health While On Phone With His Worried Mum Approval For Training Institutions Offering Animal Health Courses In Kenya We Spend Wealth On Health, And Also Spend Health On Wealth. How Can We Manage
Sections: Properties, Career, Romance, Health, Naija Forums, Webmasters, Innovation, Art, Graphics & Video, Technology Market, Universities, Gaming, Forum Games, K247 TV, Emojipedia, Fashion, Somalia Forum, Rwanda Forum, Tanzania Forum, South Sudan Forum, Ugandan Forum,
Kenyans247 - Copyright © 2019 - 2020 Sande Kennedy. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise.
Disclaimer: Every Kenyans247 member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Kenyans247.